The Allan S. Everest Interpretive Center is a permanent exhibit located within the War of 1812 Museum on Washington Rd on the Museum Campus. The exhibits chronologically recount the events of the battles at Plattsburgh within the context of the War of 1812: the political and economical causes of the war; the land and naval engagements at Plattsburgh; and the significant role that the battles here played in the final peace negotiations. It’s just a small portion of Part Two of our tour of the Museum ( Click the Play Bar to listen )
The exhibits are “anchored” by a 5’x15′ diorama and an interactive scale model of the village and surrounding area as it was in 1814. The diorama provides the visitor with an aerial view of the 30,000-acre battlefield, the British and American encampments, the forts and batteries, and the culminating land and naval battles of September 11th, 1814.